Cook County Property Tax Information
Taxpayers are able to search Cook County's records online to view their current
tax records by simply entering their 14-digit Property Index Number (PIN). This
information includes property information, mailing information and balance amount
The Payment Status feature provides the correct, full amount due that must be paid
in order to remove a PIN from the Tax Sale. Delinquent 2011 payment information
is provided at the bottom of the Payment Status results.
The annual sale of delinquent property taxes for Tax Year 2011 is scheduled to begin
on August 5, 2013. Payments of delinquent 2011 taxes may be tendered in cash or
via certified check, cashier’s check or money order to the Cook County Treasurer’s
Office (118 North Clark Street, Room 112) on or before the business day immediately
preceding the date on which such taxes are to be offered for sale. Such payments
may alternatively be submitted at CHASE BANK locations throughout Chicagoland on
or before August 1, 2013. Taxpayers may also submit payments of delinquent 2011
property taxes via the Cook County Treasurer's Online Payment Site until July 26,
The due date for the Tax Year 2012 First Installment was Friday, March 1, 2013.
The due date for the Tax Year 2011 Second Installment was Wednesday, August 1, 2012.
The taxes shown are:
- General for the current Tax Year 2012, payable in 2013 and the previous Tax Year 2011, payable in 2012.
- Paid by a taxpayer or third-party (mortgage company, title company, etc.)
They do not include:
- Back Taxes, Railroad Taxes, Arrearage Taxes, Circulator Taxes, and Air Pollution Taxes
Some things that affect taxes will not be reflected in what you see, for example:
- Tax amounts which should be adjusted lower because of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB) decisions
- Portions of taxes owed by taxpayers on an undivided PIN; only the total for the PIN will show
- Taxes affected by bankruptcy, federal forfeiture, condemnation or other legal proceeding