Making Cook County Property Tax Payments at Chase Bank
The due date for the Tax Year 2016 First Installment is Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
The due date for the Tax Year 2015 Second Installment was Monday, August 1, 2016.
Click here for Payment Instructions for Tax Year 2015 Delinquencies.
The easiest and fastest way to pay your Cook County Property Tax Bill is online. If you are unable to pay online, you may present payment with an entire original Cook County tax bill for the current Tax Year 2016 First Installment taxes (payable in 2017) at any of the nearly 400 Chase Bank locations in Illinois, including those located outside of Cook County.
Your check MUST include:
- Property Index Number (PIN)
- Taxpayer Name
- Property Location, including Unit Number
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number
- Email Address (if available)
- Tax Year/Installment
Including this information on your check helps us to reach you if there are any questions regarding your payment.
Please also note the following about paying current taxes at Chase Bank:
- You must present an original tax bill. Printouts from our website are not acceptable as original tax bills.
- Through the dates listed on the bill, you may submit payment using cash, standard checks, money orders, cashier's checks or certified checks drawn on any bank.
- Partial payments are accepted at Chase Bank.
- You must submit one original payment coupon and check per PIN.
- You will receive a dated receipt.
Delinquent Taxes from Prior Tax Years
- Bills for general property taxes due from prior tax years (Redemption, Forfeiture Redemption or Open Item bills from Tax Year 2014 and prior) must be obtained through the Cook County Clerk's Office, 118 North Clark Street, Room 434, Chicago, IL 60602. Forfeiture Redemption and Open Item bills are then paid at the Treasurer’s Office.