Making Cook County Property Tax Payments at Chase Bank
The due date for the Tax Year 2015 Second Installment was Monday, August 1, 2016.
The due date for the Tax Year 2015 First Installment was Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
For your convenience, you may present payment with an entire original Cook County tax bill for the current Tax Year 2015 First Installment taxes (payable in 2016) at any of the nearly 400 Chase Bank locations in Illinois, including those located outside of Cook County.
Be sure your check includes your:
- Property Index Number (PIN)
- Taxpayer Name
- Property Location, including Unit Number
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number
- Email Address (if available)
- Tax Year/Installment
Including this information on your check helps us to reach you if there are any questions regarding your payment.
Please also note the following about paying current taxes at Chase Bank:
- There is no fee.
- You must present an original tax bill. Printouts from our website are not acceptable as original tax bills.
- Through the dates listed on the bill, you may submit payment using cash, standard checks, money orders, cashier's checks or certified checks drawn on any bank.
- Partial payments are accepted at Chase Bank.
- You must submit one original payment coupon and check per PIN.
- You will receive a dated receipt.
- You may use walk-up or drive-up service, including weekend and evening hours available at most branches.
- For details on branch locations and hours, click here.
- Special tax bills are now accepted at Chase Bank. These include omitted assessment bills, roll back bills, air pollution bills, arrearage bills, circulator bills and railroad bills.
Delinquent Taxes from Prior Tax Years
- Bills for general property taxes due from prior tax years (Redemption, Forfeiture Redemption or Open Item bills from Tax Year 2013 and prior) must be obtained through the Cook County Clerk's Office, 118 North Clark Street, Room 434, Chicago, IL 60602. Forfeiture Redemption and Open Item bills are then paid at the Treasurer’s Office.