Application for Change of Name or Address Information on a Cook County Property
When you buy or sell your home, the name and address on the tax bill is not automatically
changed. The new owner must submit a Name/Address Change Application to the Cook
County Treasurer's Office.
* Please note: this form must be notarized.
Instructions to follow when submitting a Name/Address Change Application
- Enter the 14-digit Property Index Number (PIN) and 6-letter security code in the fields above and click "Search."
- Compare the current name and address information.
- Open the PDF link and type the updated information directly into the form.
- Verify that the information entered is correct.
- Sign the form.
- Have the form notarized.
- Mail the application to the address on the form.