Cook County Property Tax Information
Taxpayers are able to search Cook County's records online to view their current
tax records by simply entering their 14-digit Property Index Number (PIN). This
information includes property information, mailing information and balance amount
After August 26, 2013, taxpayers who would like information concerning whether their
2011 property taxes were sold at the tax sale and information on how to redeem their
taxes must contact the Cook County Clerk's Office at www.cookcountyclerk.com or 312.603.5656. The Clerk's Office
is located at: 118 North Clark Street, Room 434, Chicago, IL 60602.
The due date for the Tax Year 2012 First Installment was Friday, March 1, 2013.
The due date for the Tax Year 2012 Second Installment was Thursday, August 1, 2013.
The taxes shown are:
- General for the current Tax Year 2012, payable in 2013.
- Paid by a taxpayer or third-party (mortgage company, title company, etc.)
They do not include:
- Back Taxes, Railroad Taxes, Arrearage Taxes, Circulator Taxes, and Air Pollution Taxes
Some things that affect taxes will not be reflected in what you see, for example:
- Tax amounts which should be adjusted lower because of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB) decisions
- Portions of taxes owed by taxpayers on an undivided PIN; only the total for the PIN will show
- Taxes affected by bankruptcy, federal forfeiture, condemnation or other legal proceeding