Contact the Office of Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas by phone at:
During periods of high call volumes, please contact us by email.
Message to all real estate attorneys, their staff, and all other real estate practitioners doing business with the Cook County Treasurer's Office:
Please be advised that consistent with this Office's commitment to making the Treasurer's Office as efficient as possible, the Treasurer's Office will no longer accept or respond to telephone requests for assistance. All requests must be initiated by clicking "Contact Us by Email" at the bottom of any page within the cookcountytreasurer.com domain.
The Treasurer's Office will endeavor to respond to most written requests within 3 business days. However, more complex requests will require 5 to 7 business days.
Please be advised that the Treasurer's Office does not provide legal advice or legal research to the public. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Other helpful phone numbers:
- Call the Office of the Cook County Assessor at 312.443.7550 for information on:
- Exemptions (homeowner, senior citizen, senior citizen assessment freeze, home improvement, etc.)
- Property classifications
- Property values
- Call the Office of the Cook County Clerk at 312.603.5656 for information on:
- Prior tax years
- Prior tax year forfeitures
- Prior tax year open items
- Prior tax year tax sale redemptions
- Local tax rates
- Call the Illinois Department on Aging at 1.800.252.8966 for information regarding programs for qualifying disabled and senior-citizen taxpayers.
- Call the Cook County Board of Review at 312.603.5542 for details on:
- Appealing your assessment
- Property tax exemptions for not-for-profit organizations
- Call the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board at 847.294.4121 for details on appealing an assessment decision issued by the Cook County Board of Review.