Check Your Payment Status or Make an Online Payment
Taxpayers are able to search Cook County's records online to view or pay their property taxes by simply entering their 14-digit Property Index Number (PIN). This information includes property information, mailing information, and balance amount due.
The due date for the Tax Year 2016 First Installment was Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
The due date for the Tax Year 2015 Second Installment was Monday, August 1, 2016.
Taxpayers who would like information concerning whether their Tax Year 2015 property taxes were sold at the tax sale and information on how to redeem their taxes must contact the Cook County Clerk's Office or call the Clerk's Office at 312.603.5656. The Clerk's Office is located at: 118 North Clark Street, Room 434, Chicago, IL 60602.
The taxes shown are:
- General for the current Tax Year 2016 First Installment (payable in 2017).
- Paid by a taxpayer or third-party (mortgage company, title company, etc.)
They do not include:
- Back Taxes, Railroad Taxes, Arrearage Taxes, Circulator Taxes, and Air Pollution Taxes
A message boxes appears:
- If taxes were sold at a recent annual tax sale, and includes a link to the Clerk’s redemption instructions page
Some things that affect taxes will not be reflected in what you see, for example:
- Tax amounts which should be adjusted lower because of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB) decisions
- Portions of taxes owed by taxpayers on an undivided PIN; only the total for the PIN will show
- Taxes affected by bankruptcy, federal forfeiture, condemnation or other legal proceeding