Cook County Property Tax Information
Taxpayers are able to search Cook County's records online to view their current
tax records by simply entering their 14-digit Property Index Number (PIN). This
information includes property information, mailing information and balance amount
The Payment Status feature provides the correct, full amount due that must be paid in order to remove a PIN from the Tax Sale. Delinquent 2012 payment information is provided at the bottom of the Payment Status results.
The annual sale of delinquent property taxes for Tax Year 2012 is scheduled to begin on August 4, 2014. Payments of delinquent 2012 taxes must be tendered in cash or via certified check, cashier's check or money order to the Cook County Treasurer's Office (118 North Clark Street, Room 112) on or before the business day immediately preceding the date on which such taxes are to be offered for sale. Such payments may alternatively be submitted at CHASE BANK locations throughout Illinois on or before August 1, 2014.
The due date for the Tax Year 2013 Second Installment is Friday, August 1, 2014.
The due date for the Tax Year 2013 First Installment was Tuesday, March 4, 2014.
The taxes shown are:
- General for the current Tax Year 2013, payable in 2014, and the prior Tax Year 2012, payable in 2013.
- Paid by a taxpayer or third-party (mortgage company, title company, etc.)
They do not include:
- Back Taxes, Railroad Taxes, Arrearage Taxes, Circulator Taxes, and Air Pollution Taxes
Some things that affect taxes will not be reflected in what you see, for example:
- Tax amounts which should be adjusted lower because of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB) decisions
- Portions of taxes owed by taxpayers on an undivided PIN; only the total for the PIN will show
- Taxes affected by bankruptcy, federal forfeiture, condemnation or other legal proceeding