Cook County Property Tax Information
Taxpayers are able to search Cook County's records online to view their current tax records by simply entering their 14-digit Property Index Number (PIN). This information includes property information, mailing information and balance amount due.
The due date for the Tax Year 2014 First Installment was Tuesday, March 3, 2015.
The due date for the Tax Year 2013 Second Installment was Friday, August 1, 2014.
Taxpayers who would like information concerning whether their Tax Year 2012 property taxes were sold at the tax sale and information on how to redeem their taxes must contact the Cook County Clerk's Office or call the Clerk's Office at 312.603.5656. The Clerk's Office is located at: 118 North Clark Street, Room 434, Chicago, IL 60602.
The taxes shown are:
- General for the current Tax Year 2014 First Installment (payable in 2015) and Tax Year 2013 (payable in 2014).
- Paid by a taxpayer or third-party (mortgage company, title company, etc.)
They do not include:
- Back Taxes, Railroad Taxes, Arrearage Taxes, Circulator Taxes, and Air Pollution Taxes
Some things that affect taxes will not be reflected in what you see, for example:
- Tax amounts which should be adjusted lower because of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB) decisions
- Portions of taxes owed by taxpayers on an undivided PIN; only the total for the PIN will show
- Taxes affected by bankruptcy, federal forfeiture, condemnation or other legal proceeding