Cook County Property Tax Information
Taxpayers are able to search Cook County's records online to view their current
tax records by simply entering their 14-digit Property Index Number (PIN). This
information includes property information, mailing information and balance amount
The due date for the Tax Year 2012 First Installment was Friday, March 1, 2013.
The due date for the Tax Year 2011 Second Installment was Wednesday, August 1, 2012.
The taxes shown are:
- General for the current Tax Year 2012, payable in 2013 and the previous Tax Year 2011, payable in 2012.
- Paid by a taxpayer or third-party (mortgage company, title company, etc.)
They do not include:
- Back Taxes, Railroad Taxes, Arrearage Taxes, Circulator Taxes, and Air Pollution Taxes
Some things that affect taxes will not be reflected in what you see, for example:
- Tax amounts which should be adjusted lower because of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB) decisions
- Portions of taxes owed by taxpayers on an undivided PIN; only the total for the PIN will show
- Taxes affected by bankruptcy, federal forfeiture, condemnation or other legal proceeding